Logistics Porter – Nottingham
We are a manufacturer of specialist hospital beds and manage over 25% of the UK’s acute bed and mattress fleet, working with more than 150 hospitals across the UK and Ireland.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you will provide caregivers with the products and knowledge they need to deliver a high-quality service to patients.
As a Logistics Porter, you’ll be based full time in either Queens Medical Centre or Nottingham City Hospital in Nottingham. You will be part of a central logistics team, dedicated to moving and collecting Medstrom equipment around the hospital.
Full training given, no experience necessary. This role purely deals with the movement of equipment, focussed mainly on beds, mattresses, and accessories. The movement of patients does not form part of this role.
Main responsibilities of the role:
– Ensuring clean, ready-to-use products are taken to the correct hospital locations
– Collect products after use and return to the central equipment store
– Complete job records on a handheld PDA device
– Install products into designated locations
– Provide product demonstrations and basic user training to hospital staff
– Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
– Attend team briefs before and after shifts with the team
Hours of work: 37.5 per week, Sunday to Thursday. Sunday & Monday working 8am – 6pm and Tuesday to Thursday alternating between 8am – 3.30pm and 10.30am – 6pm.
You will also be required to participate in an out-of-hours on-call rota (once trained) to support the team and the customer. This is subject to an on-call payment and additional payment for hours worked.
To join us as a Logistics Porter, ideally you will need to have or be willing to develop the following.
– The ability to move hospital beds and equipment safely
– Full UK driving licence
– A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
– Excellent customer service skills
– Able to communicate effectively
– Basic IT skills
– DBS Checked (or the willingness to complete one)
To apply for this role, please use the link below where you will be directed to our applicant tracking system