Service Technician – Cardiff
We are a manufacturer of specialist hospital beds and manage over 25% of the UK’s acute bed and mattress fleet, working with more than 150 hospitals across the UK and Ireland.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you will provide caregivers with the products and knowledge they need to deliver a high-quality service to patients.
As a Service Technician, you’ll be tasked with delivering an effective and timely maintenance service to customers.
Specifically, after training you will undertake planned preventative maintenance, repairs, field modifications and support at delivery stage to customers who have purchased a Medstrom product.
Dealing with customers primarily based across Cardiff and South Wales;
- Deliver clean, ready-to-use, products to and around customer sites
- Collect products after use and return to the service location for decontamination
- Disinfect, function check, repair and electrical safety test products
- Complete records of testing, delivery and collection
- Maintain available product stock and spare parts inventory
- Complete product modifications when required
- Provide product demonstrations and basic training to staff
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
As part of your role you will be required to take part in an on-call rota once fully trained (with additional payment).
Hours of work: 37.5 per week, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
You will also be required to participate in an out of hours on-call rota (once trained). This is subject to additional on-call payments.
To join us as a Service Technician, you will need or be willing to develop:
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Mechanical or electrical background desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Experience of working within a healthcare setting is desirable
- Full UK driving licence required (we use long wheelbase vans, but training and support to build confidence in manoeuvring of these vehicles will be provided if required)
- A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work under own initiative, and follow procedures laid out to achieve deadlines
- Basic PC skills to include email and MS Office
- DBS Checked (or the willingness to complete one)
To apply for this role, please use the link below where you will be directed to our applicant tracking system: