Service Technician – South and West Wales
We are a manufacturer of specialist hospital beds and manage over 25% of the UK’s acute bed and mattress fleet, working with more than 150 hospitals across the UK and Ireland.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you will provide our customers with Medstrom products and the knowledge they need to deliver a high-quality service to patients.
We are looking for a dedicated Service Technician / Delivery Driver to cover South and West Wales.
On completion of your training, as a Driver / Service Technician, you’ll be tasked with ensuring effective, timely and efficient delivery of products to customer sites, first line fault service visits and repairs against specific service level agreements. You will also undertake planned preventative maintenance activities, field modifications and provide support to customers for the products under contract with Medstrom. All activities are recorded via our job management system.
Main responsibilities of the role:
– Deliver clean, ready-to-use products to and around customer sites
– Collect products after use and return to the service location for decontamination
– Disinfect, function check, repair and electrical-safety test products
– Complete records of testing, delivery and collection
– Complete product modifications when required
– Provide product demonstrations and basic training to staff
– Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
Hours of work: 37.5 per week Sunday to Thursday 10am – 6pm
To join us as a Service Technician / Driver, ideally you will need to have or be willing to develop the following.
Qualifications and experience requirements:
– Mechanical or electrical background desirable, but not essential as full training will be provided
– Experience of delivery driving and planning routes would be desirable
– Full UK Driving licence required (we use long wheelbase vans, but training and support to build confidence in manoeuvring of these vehicles will be provided where required)
– A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
– Excellent customer service and communication skills
– Ability to work under own initiative, and follow procedures to achieve deadlines
– Basic PC skills to include email and MS Office
– DBS Checked (or the willingness to complete one)
To apply for this role, please use the link below where you will be directed to our applicant tracking system