Service Technician – London (UCLH)
We are a manufacturer of specialist hospital beds and manage over 25% of the UK’s acute bed and mattress fleet, working with more than 150 hospitals across the UK and Ireland.
Due to increased business growth we are looking for a Service Technician to join us and help provide high-quality medical products to customers mainly with the UCLH hospital, London and the surrounding area.
As a Service Technician, you’ll be tasked with delivering an effective and timely maintenance service to customers.
On completion of your training, as a Service Technician, you’ll be tasked with ensuring effective, timely and efficient delivery of product to customer site, first line fault service visits and repairs against specific service level agreements. You will also undertake planned preventative maintenance activities, field modifications and provide support to customers for the products under contract with Medstrom. All activities are recorded via our job management system.
Dealing with customers based mainly with UCLH hospital and the surrounding area, you will:
– Deliver clean, ready-to-use products to customer sites
– Collect products after use and return to the service location
– Disinfect, function check, repair and electrical safety test products
– Complete records of testing, delivery and collection
– Maintain available product stock and spare parts inventory
– Complete product modifications when required
– Provide product demonstrations and basic training to staff
– Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
Hours: During the initial training period (approx. 6 – 8 weeks), this role will be Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
Once fully trained, you will move on to a 4 on, 4 off shift. Working alternate weeks of 6am – 6pm, and 11am – 11pm shifts.
To join us as a Service Technician, ideally you will need to have or be willing to develop the following:
Qualifications and experience requirements:
– Mechanical or electrical background desirable, but not essential as full training will be provided
– Full UK Driving licence required (we use long wheelbase vans, but training and support to build confidence in manoeuvring of these vehicles will be provided where required)
– Knowledge of Medstrom and/or other medical device manufacturers’ products would be desirable, but not essential
– A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
– Excellent customer service skills
– Able to communicate effectively
– Ability to work under own initiative, and follow procedures to achieve deadlines
– Basic PC skills to include email and MS Office
– DBS Checked (or the willingness to complete one)
Experience in a customer-facing role or a driving role would also be an advantage.
To apply for this role, please use the link below where you will be directed to our applicant tracking system: