Service Technician – Leicester
We are a manufacturer of specialist hospital beds and manage over 25% of the UK’s acute bed and mattress fleet, working with more than 150 hospitals across the UK and Ireland.
Guided by our core values of Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, Commitment, Integrity and Trust, we believe that our people are what makes us great, which is why we offer a high level of support to ensure that employees are able to succeed. Our teams work closely together to support each other internally as well as providing a trusted service and partnership to our customers.
Further to increased business we are now looking for Service Technicians to join us and help provide high-quality medical products to customers within the Leicester area. There is a need for this individual to support our accounts across Leicester.
This is the ideal role for a confident individual with a great customer focus to embark upon a rewarding career with a growing business.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you will provide caregivers with the products and knowledge they need to deliver a high-quality service to patients.
As a Service Technician, you’ll be tasked with delivering an effective and timely maintenance service to customers.
Specifically, you will undertake planned preventative maintenance, repairs, field modifications and support at delivery stage to customers who have purchased a Medstrom product.
Dealing with customers based throughout Leicester, you will:
- Maintain stock and parts inventory
- Implement product modifications
- Deliver and install clean, ready-to-use products
- Collect dirty products
- Clean, test and repair products
- Complete records of safety testing
- Provide demonstrations and basic training to caregivers
As part of your role, you will be required to take part in an on-call rota.
To join us as a Service Technician, you will need:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of hygiene, health and safety rules
- Basic PC skills including email and MS Office
- A full driving licence with the confidence to drive long wheelbase vans, but training and support will be provided
- A DBS check (which the company will conduct)
- A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
Knowledge of Medstrom and OEM products would be beneficial to your application, as would a mechanical or electrical background, but this is not essential as training will be provided.
Experience in a customer-facing role or a driving role would also be an advantage.
Working hours are 37.5 per week which could include different shifts, dictated by business and customer needs
To apply for this role, please use the link below where you will be directed to our applicant tracking system