Trainee Service Technician – Harlow
We are a manufacturer of specialist hospital beds and manage over 25% of the UK’s acute bed and mattress fleet, working with more than 150 hospitals across the UK and Ireland.
We are looking for a Service Technician to join us and help provide high-quality medical products to customers across Harlow and the surrounding area.
As a Trainee Service Technician, you’ll be required to deliver an effective and timely maintenance service to customers. After training, this will include delivery and installation of products within agreed delivery times, repair and proactive maintenance of products and support at delivery stage to customers in various environments.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Deliver clean, ready-to-use, products to and around customer sites
- Collect products after use and return to the service location for decontamination
- Disinfect, function check, repair and electrical safety test products
- Complete records of testing, delivery and collection
- Maintain available product sock and spare parts inventory
- Complete product modifications when required
- Provide product demonstrations and basic training to staff
- Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
As part of your role, you will be required to take part in an on-call rota once fully trained (with additional payment).
Hours of work: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday
To join us as a Trainee Service Technician, you will need or be willing to develop:
Qualifications and experience requirements:
- Mechanical or electrical background desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- Experience of working within a healthcare setting is desirable
- Driving licence required (we use long wheelbase vans, but training and support will be provided where required)
- Knowledge of Medstrom and/or other medical device manufacturers’ products would be desirable but not essential.
- A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work under own initiative, and follow procedures laid out by the business to achieve deadlines
- Basic knowledge of hygiene and safety rules
- Basic PC skills to include email and MS Office
- DBS Checked (or the willingness to complete one)
To apply for this role, please use the link below where you will be directed to our applicant tracking system: