Driver Technician – Northfleet
We are a manufacturer of specialist hospital beds and manage over 25% of the UK’s acute bed and mattress fleet, working with more than 150 hospitals across the UK and Ireland.
Working as part of a dedicated team, you will provide caregivers with the products and knowledge they need to deliver a high-quality service to patients.
Based from our Ebbsfleet service centre, we are now looking for a Driver Technician to help provide high-quality medical products to customers across London and the South.
As a Driver Technician, you’ll be required to deliver an effective and timely maintenance service to customers. After training, this will include delivery and installation of products within agreed delivery times, repair and proactive maintenance of products and support at delivery stage to customers in various environments.
Main responsibilities of the role
– Deliver clean, ready-to-use, products to and around customer sites within a 30 mile radius of Ebbsfleet, Kent
– Collect products after use and return to the service location for decontamination
– Disinfect, function check, repair and electrical safety test products
– Complete records of testing, delivery and collection
– Maintain available product stock and spare parts inventory
– Complete product modifications when required
– Provide product demonstrations and basic training to staff
– Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
Hours of work: 37.5 per week, working Sunday – Thursday
You will also be required to participate in an out of hours on-call rota (once trained) to support the team and the customer. This is subject to an on-call payment and additional payment for hours worked.
To join us as a Driver Technician, ideally you will need to have or be willing to develop the following:
Qualifications and experience requirements:
– Mechanical or electrical background desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
– Full UK driving licence required (we use long wheelbase vans, but training and support to build confidence in manoeuvring of these vehicles will be provided where required)
– Knowledge of Medstrom and/or other medical device manufacturers’ products would be desirable, but not essential
– A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
– Excellent customer service skills
– Able to communicate effectively
– Ability to work under own initiative, and follow procedures to achieve deadlines
– Basic knowledge of hygiene and safety rules
– Basic PC skills to include email and MS Office
– DBS Checked (or the willingness to complete one)
To apply for this role, please use the link below where you will be directed to our applicant tracking system: