Cleaning Technician – Ebbsfleet, Kent
We are a manufacturer of specialist hospital beds and manage over 25% of the UK’s acute bed and mattress fleet, working with more than 150 hospitals across the UK and Ireland.
Guided by our core values of Respect, Teamwork, Excellence, Commitment, Integrity and Trust, we believe that our people are what makes us great, which is why we offer a high level of support to ensure that employees are able to succeed. Our teams work closely together to support each other internally as well as providing a trusted service and partnership to our customers.
Due to increased business we are now looking for a Cleaning Technician to join us and help provide high-quality medical products to customers within the Gravesend area. This is the ideal role for a confident individual with a great customer focus to embark upon a rewarding career with a rapidly growing business.
As a Cleaning Technician, you will clean, maintain and support the delivery of our medical products to hospitals throughout the London area and the South.
Your Role :
Whilst adhering to established quality and hygiene processes, you’ll clean and test products, ensuring they are ready for patients to use, providing a high level of service to our internal technicians who will install products at customer sites.
Main duties will include:
- Delivering timely and appropriate service to customers
- Keeping inventory of products and spare parts
- Ensuring compliance with quality processes, both internal and external
- Cleaning, testing and repairing products and make ready for use
- Meeting daily product throughput targets
- Completing and recording electrical safety testing on products during tasks
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the workplace
- Completing daily/weekly activity reports
- Updating relevant IT systems
To be considered as a Cleaning Technician you will need:
- Basic knowledge of hygiene and safety rules would be an advantage, but not essential
- Basic IT skills to include email and MS Office
- The ability to work on your own initiative and follow procedures laid out by the business to achieve deadlines
- A proactive, ‘can do’ attitude with a flexible outlook
A full driving licence would be an advantage to support the wider team, but not essential as this role is site based.
Electrical safety testing qualification or certificate would be equally desirable but is not essential as full training will be provided.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the healthcare industry and work with products that are supporting patients’ recovery. Full training will be provided.
Come and join the Medstrom family!
Experience in a customer-facing role or a driving role would also be an advantage.
Working hours are 37.5 per week, working a days shift Sunday to Thursday
To apply for this role, please use the link below where you will be directed to our applicant tracking system: