Upholsterer, Medstrom Logistics, Castle Donington
Location: Medstrom Logistics, Hawthorn Road, Castle Donington
Reporting to: Warehouse and Logistics Manager
Working 37.5 hours per week on a permanent day shift, you will provide upholstery support to the business based within the Laundry and Warehouse function at Castle Donington. You will carry out repairs and refurbishment of medical chairs and furniture for the NHS and Private sectors from a dedicated workshop specifically created for the upholstery function. Working in this standalone role you will manage your own workload, ensuring the highest quality is maintained at all times and provide the business and our customers with a swift turnaround of product to ensure patients needs are met.
The main duties of the role will be focused on all aspects of upholstery and sewing as required.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
– Carrying out upholstery repairs to product and managing faulty product
– Ordering and Management of material stock, spare parts and consumables
– Complete product frame repairs
– Ensure quality of workmanship and meet customer expectations on lead time.
– Determine the root cause of failures and where possible implement corrective action.
– Commissioning and decommissioning of product where necessary
– Ensure compliance with quality processes, both internal and external
– Ensure cleanness of workplace (service centre, workshop or depot)
– Complete activity reports and Company documentation as required
– Carry out adhoc project work as required.
– Assist other departments within the warehouse and logistics location as required.
Qualifications/ Experience Required:
– Upholstery experience is essential
– Sewing experience is desirable
– Experience of medical equipment repair is desirable
– Full driving licence is essential
– Ability to work under own initiative, follow procedures laid out by the business to achieve deadlines and prioritise workload
With an ability to examine information/ products received and find solutions, you will demonstrate an ability to prioritise your workload whilst continually adapting to new challenges. You will follow procedures to ensure high standards are maintained and risks are minimised within all areas. With a flexible attitude, you will approach challenges with a calm, positive and practical outlook to ensure you meet deadlines and build strong relationships with the team.
To apply for this role please click the link https://bit.ly/3uMG0mO , where you will be directed to our applicant tracking system.