Service Technician, UCLH, London
Through recent staff movements, we are now looking for a Service Technician to join us and help provide high-quality medical products to customers with the UCLH hospital London
This is the ideal role for a confident individual with a great customer focus to embark upon a rewarding career with a growing business. Working as part of a dedicated team, you will provide caregivers with the products and knowledge they need to deliver a high-quality service to patients.
As a Service Technician, you’ll be tasked with delivering an effective and timely maintenance service to customers.
Specifically, you will undertake planned preventative maintenance, repairs, field modifications, and support at delivery stage to customers who have purchased a Medstrom product.
Dealing with customers based throughout the hospital, you will:
– Maintain stock and parts inventory
– Implement product modifications
– Deliver and install clean, ready-to-use products
– Collect dirty products
– Clean, test and repair products
– Complete records of safety testing
– Provide demonstrations and basic training to caregivers
As part of your role, you will be required to take part in an on-call rota.
To join us as a Service Technician, you will need:
– Excellent customer service skills
– Basic knowledge of hygiene, health & safety rules
– Basic PC skills including email and MS Office
– A full driving licence with the confidence to drive long wheelbase vans, but support will be provided
– A DBS check (which the Company will conduct)
– A proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude
Knowledge of Medstrom and OEM products would be beneficial to your application, as would a mechanical or electrical background ,but this is not essential as training will be provided.
Experience in a customer-facing role or a driving role would also be an advantage.
Working hours are average 37.5 per week on a 4 on 4 off, rotating days and nights
To apply for this role, please click https://bit.ly/3oBdAdY