Equipment Support Assistant, Field Based, Leicester
This opportunity is offered on a full-time basis, working alongside the manual handling teams in the Trust, and would suit an individual who is qualified to HCA level (as a minimum) or has an interest in developing knowledge or experience in a clinical environment. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for providing excellent customer service and who take pride in positive feedback for a job well done.
We believe that our people are what makes us great, which is why we offer a high level of support, as well as learning and development opportunities, to ensure that employees are able to succeed.
Day to day responsilbilites will include but not limited to:
- To complete daily review of product utilisation on all clinical areas looking at mattress and products including Bariatric usage and provision
- Advise when mattresses and specialist products are not in use and arrange appropriate collection
- To report products that are broken or damaged and no longer in use and communicate this effectively
- To liaise with clinical staff and resolve problems wherever possible.
- To promote the process of risk-assessments and risk reduction in accordance with the Trusts risk management procedure
- To work closely with the Clinical Support Advisor and with the manual handling team to support their roles
- To support the work of the Medstrom service technicians
- To arrange for removal /cleaning of products when necessary following the recommended infection prevention guidelines
- To assist in various training programmes that support the Patient Surfaces Management Contract (PSMC). These to include product training, induction programmes and manual handling courses
- To assist in the gathering of information for report writing including managing databases
- To assist in the updating and communication of information supporting (PSMC)
- To provide cover for Clinical Support Advisor during periods of holiday and sickness absence. Ensuring there is a clinical presence within the Trust at all times.
- To participate in all PSMC, Manual Handling, Tissue Viability related Audits as required
- To facilitate the provision of specialist equipment to wards or departments for Bariatric patients, Medstrom products and small aids to the areas needing them.
- To work with the Manual Handling advisors and Medstrom staff on all sites to ensure the adherence to good practice on a day to day basis
- Become a Medstrom trusted advisor.
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in the healthcare industry as an Equipment Support Assistant and work with products that are supporting patients’ recovery. Full training will be provided, however previous experience in a caregiving environment would be an advantage.
Candidates must be computer literature and be educated to a minimum standard of GCSE level 5/ grade C or equivalent. You will be required to work closely with Trust personnel, therefore a friendly, considerate and enthusiastic approach to your duties is essential. You will demonstrate excellent time management and organisation skills throughout and have the ability to build robust relationships with your peers.
Due to the nature of the business and working environments, candidates must be DBS checked prior to starting their role. This will be carried out by the business.
To apply for this role, please use the link below where you will be directed to our applicant tracking system: https://bit.ly/3gAdgui
Closing date: 14th May 2021