Foam Mattress Audits
As part of our service package for our contract customers we offer an annual foam mattress audit conducted by our highly experienced audit team. During the audit foam mattresses found to be contaminated are immediately replaced and condemned mattresses removed. Data is captured at point of audit on iPads, which enables prompt and accurate reporting back to the Trust.
“This was the most well-planned audit of this magnitude that I have ever witnessed in the 32 years I have worked for the NHS”.
Nick Howlett, Health and Safety Services Manager, UHL
Pressure Ulcer Prevalence & Incidence Audits
Prevalence measures the proportion of a defined set of people who have a pressure ulcer at a particular moment in time. It includes those admitted to the healthcare facility with a pressure ulcer and those who have developed one between admission and the time of the audit.
Medstrom offer a tiered service, from a simple data collection exercise with results presented back within five days through to a full assessment of every patient’s skin, documentation and risk assessment to help customers pinpoint areas of required improvement.
In prevalence surveys carried out with full patient assessment, Medstrom have found that in some cases as many as 30% of pressure ulcers are not recorded or documented at all.
Full bench-marking can be presented during feedback of results.
All surveys are organised, managed, executed and fed back by our team of registered nurses.
Medstrom have significant experience in organising and executing pressure ulcer prevalence audits. Indeed, our expertise is such that we were selected to support the first ever national pressure ulcer prevalence audit, completed by NHS Wales in 2015.
– Entire process is managed by Medstrom’s highly experienced team
– Auditing is carried out by our own qualified nurses
– Questions are customisable to customer requirements
– Data captured via iPads enabling rapid data upload
– Centralised data co-ordination ensures all data is captured
– Data analysed and presented back within five working days of the audit
Incidence provides information on the rate of occurrence of new pressure ulcers over time. Medstrom can offer this service linked to an on-line ordering system.
Conducting pressure ulcer prevalence and incidence audits offer numerous benefits to healthcare providers including:
– Provide information on the effectiveness of prevention strategies and assist with their development
– Identifying patterns of pressure ulcers within ‘hot spots’
– Helping with the allocation of resources
– Helping to refine risk assessment tools
Contact us today to discuss how our audit management expertise can benefit your institution.